In all fairness I've been one of those people that loves the idea of a blog more than actually having one. I've always wanted to take the plunge, but never really thought I had anything interesting to say.
So, let's just get the awkward part over with and manage expectations...this blog might not be interesting.
It feels like life is changing and moving at a rapid pace these days. Let me rethink the last statement...hasn't my life felt like that for the last twelve years? YES, but this change feels good. It feels right!
I'll be heading out for Uganda in a little over two months to realize a dream I've had for the last 3 years. AFRICA! I'm still wrapping my head around the thought. I have a feeling I'll be wrapping my head around it for months after I return. Melissa and I are going to get a few more details on what we'll be doing while we're there this weekend. I can't wait to hear the details of who I'll be writing about, the stories I'm going to get to tell and the sights I'll see.
I told Melissa and Stephanie at lunch the other day that I feel like "I need Africa more than Africa needs me," (borrowed phrase). It's an ache in my heart. These last few weeks I've had this ever increasing knowledge of my own selfish, trivial pursuits and frankly, I'm tired of myself. I'm ready for my heart to be bombarded, my eyes to be opened, and my mind to be consumed with meaningful purpose. It's an inevitable change that I am impatiently anticipating.
P.S. For those of you that know me well, I'm sure it's not a surprise that I have to include a title with my all time favorite punctuation...(ellipses) and at least one sentence that starts with "so."
Isn't this fun?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yayyy for your first blog entry! How exciting! And Welcome!
ReplyDelete